GREENE COUNTY — The spring luncheon meeting of the Greene County Retired Teachers Association was held Wednesday, May 28 at the United Memorial Presbyterian Church. Association members at the meeting shared their current volunteer experiences:
- Barbara Bradfute does her volunteer work with elementary children to create in them an appreciation for classical music. She also volunteers her music skill with Hospitality East Nursing Home when needed.
- Minnie Sturgeon shared her work in organizing Bridge games for senior citizens.
- Joanne Earley told about her volunteer work in maintaining a clothes closet for the Xenia area at Christ Episcopal Church.
- Sara Lowe spoke about her volunteer guide work at the National Museum of the United States Air Force.
- Linda Beam shared her volunteer interest in promoting reading with younger children. She accumulates books to give away to children to encourage reading.
- Janet Schellin told about her volunteer work at Greene Memorial Hospital.
- Linda Richardson, volunteer coordinator at Greene Memorial, accompanied Janet and welcomed others to volunteer at the hospital.
- Kaye Kelly told about her volunteer work at the East Dayton Church of the Brethren where she volunteers as treasurer. She has also worked in the role of general contractor at the church for some repair and remodeling there.
- Alice Webb shared her volunteer work with the Feed the Creek program in Beavercreek, an effort designed to provide food for low income children.
- Virginia Pinkerton shared the work of Common Cup, a weekly evening meal provided each Wednesday at Faith Community Church. The meal is put on by the combined efforts of all the Methodist churches in the county.
The next luncheon and meeting of the association will be held at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 27 at the United Memorial Presbyterian Church in Xenia. Retired teachers are welcomed to join the group.