Last updated: March 26. 2014 4:25PM - 5968 Views
Staff report



Advocate photoThe second story apartment at 400 N. Gray Ave. in Greenville caught fire after a child found an unattended lighter and caught a mattress on fire. Crews from the Greenville Fire Department were on the scene Wednesday afternoon to extinguish the fire.
Advocate photoThe second story apartment at 400 N. Gray Ave. in Greenville caught fire after a child found an unattended lighter and caught a mattress on fire. Crews from the Greenville Fire Department were on the scene Wednesday afternoon to extinguish the fire.
Story Tools:

Font Size:

Social Media:

GREENVILLE - Staci Kohn was home with her two children, ages 2 and 5, Wednesday afternoon when her daughter alerted her to a fire in the bedroom. Kohn attempted to put the fire out, but was unsuccessful, and removed her children and herself from the second story apartment at 400 Gray Ave. in Greenville.


“We smoke in our house, but not around our kids,” the emotional mother explained. “There was a lighter on the bed, and I was in the kitchen. My daughter came into the kitchen, screaming, saying the bed was on fire. I tried putting it out with a pitcher of water, but it was too late.”


Greenville Fire Department’s Assistant Chief McDermit advised that the structure fire was under control, and crews were working to extinguish the fire.


Comments
comments powered by Disqus



Featured Businesses


Poll



Info Minute



Gas Prices

Xenia Gas Prices provided by GasBuddy.com