XENIA —More than 80 percent of the Xenia High School class of 2014 are heading to college or the military. Of the 282 seniors set to graduate at 7 p.m. Wednesday, May 28 at the Nutter Center, 75 percent are pursuing more education while seven percent are entering the military.
More students are going on to post-secondary education than last year and this year’s class was offered $6.43 million in scholarship money.
Fifteen are graduates of distinction.
• Johnna Campbell is the daughter of Janea Carter. She was a cheerleader for football, and basketball (reserve and varsity), varsity competition, varsity hip hop (four years), student council, Renaissance and Chemistry Club. She will attend the University of Kentucky will major in chemical engineering.
• Teresa Cardenas is the daughter of Edgar and Janean Cardenas. She is a member of the National Honor Society (president), was senior class vice-president, and participated in theatrical productions, Spanish Club, Renaissance and varsity soccer. She will attend The Ohio State University and major in history.
• Dominique Couser is the daughter of Greg and Ronna Couser. She ran cross country, and participated in vocal ensemble and was in National Honor Society. She will attend Cedarville University and plans to major in Pharmacy.
• Addison Donofrio is the son of Anthony and Sarah Donofrio. He played varsity basketball, and was on the yearbook staff and was active in Renaissance. He will attend University of Dayton and major in pre-physical therapy.
• Alexis Dyamond is the daughter of Shawn and Melinda Dyamond. She was president of the National Honor Society and was active in Spanish Club, Chemistry Club, Renaissance, varsity hip-hop and student council. She will attend the University of Cincinnati and major in nursing.
• Haley Fite is the daughter of Scarlet Fite. She was in the Chemistry Club, HOSA and National Honor Society. She will attend the University Of Cincinnati and major in marketing/design.
• Noah Hovan is the son of Julie Lambert. He was involved in Renaissance, student council and HOSA. He plans to attend the University of Dayton and major in chemical engineering.
• Alissa Johnson is the daughter of Zavaan and Penny Johnson. She was in vocal ensemble, National Honor Society, Spanish Club, Renaissance and student council. She plans to attend Miami University and major in history and political science.
• Claudia Martin is the daughter of Jamie Zehring and Bryan Martin. She was in the Book Club, HOSA, Chemistry Club and National Honor Society. She will attend Wright State University.
• Rachel McClellan is the daughter of Jerry and Susan McClellan. She was an athletic trainer and was active in FFA, student council, Renaissance, Chemistry Club, International Club and National Honor Society. She will attend The Ohio State University and major in agriculture science education.
• Chloe Miller is the daughter of Grant and Jill Miller. She participated in AVocal Ensemble, National Honor Society (treasurer), Chemistry Club, Spanish Club and Renaissance. She will attend Ohio Valley University.
• Alexis Qumsieh is the daughter of Rafat and Kristal Qumsieh. She participated in soccer, track and football and was in the art program, musical, Chemistry Club, student council (class president), National Honor Society and Renaissance. She will attend Lee University and major in Chemistry.
• Abigail Saner is the daughter of Jim and Amberly Saner. She was on the varsity swim team for four years and also played volleyball and was active in the Spanish Club, Chemistry Club, National Honor Society, Prom Committee and Buckeye Girls State. She will attend Wright State University.
• Luke Williams is the son of Joel and Becky Williams. He was in the marching band, pep band, jazz band, symphonic band, Chemistry Club, International Club and National Honor Society. He plans to attend Cedarville University and major in music.
• Sarah Young is the daughter of Michele Martin and Scott Young. She was on the student council executive board and was in National Honor Society, FFA, Chemistry Club and Prom Committee while also serving as the BRACA student rep. She also participated in HOBY, Junior Leaders Dayton and Buckeye Girls State. She plans to attend The Ohio State University where she will major in business management.