Bellbrook seeking high school track coaches
BELLBROOK — Athletic Director Tom Bean posted notice Thursday of Bellbrook High School’s need for a head boys and/or girls track coach.
The supplemental duty contract positions are posted for any individual who may wish to be considered for either position. Candidates not meeting the qualifications listed below will not be considered or interviewed. A written letter of interest /
application should be directed to the Superintendent’s office by Noon, Wednesday, Jan. 22, 2014. All letters of interest / application are to be directed to the Board of Education and not the building principal or athletic director.
Qualifications are as follows:
1. Satisfactory results of BCII/FBI background check, as necessary, required prior to employment.
2. High school diploma or equivalent, college degree preferred.
3. Appropriate teaching or pupil activity validation certificate/license, CPR training (can be achieved after hire), completion of the NFHS Fundamentals of Coaching course when required with updated certificate(s), and ODE/OHSAA-approved Concussion Certificate.
4. Local, state or national licensing preferred.
5. Valid state of Ohio driver’s license; school activity van training/certificate/permit.
6. Required attendance at sports medicine credit in-service training.
7. Previous high school and college playing experience.
8. Successful coaching experience at the middle/junior high school, high school or college level preferred.
9. Previous experience dealing with female and male athletes.
10. Demonstrates a sincere desire to aid all students.
Submitted by the Bellbrook High School Athletic Department.
11. Experience working with diverse student populations.
12. Knowledge of rules/regulations established by local board of education and Ohio High School Athletic Association to govern pupil activity programs.
13. Demonstrated success in organizational, communication, leadership skills dealing with student athletes and parents. 14. Good health, high moral character, exemplary attendance.
15. Letter of application/resume introducing candidate and statement of
16. Resume and three (3) letters of recommendation.
17. Other submission items could include coaching philosophy, sample practice schedule, etc.