BOWERSVILLE — Dr. Charles Reams practiced medicine in the Bowersville area for more than fifty years. He always wanted to be a doctor, but first became a teacher, saving his earnings to pay for medical school. After graduating from the Cincinnati Eclectic Medical Institute in 1894, he decided to practice in Milledgeville, but someone suggested Bowersville. This was a good choice for the doctor who delivered more than 2,000 babies during his tenure. His office and home were in separate buildings on Main Street. He stated that he had often been paid in hay, butter and corn.
By Joan Baxter