Greene Met looking for Section 8 landlords
Coroner’s Office investigator receives state award
CSU Army ROTC forgets competition, saves life
LeSourds receive E.J. Nutter Award
County achievers honored by commissioners
- Car stolen from area dealership - 10:35 am
- Anderson was more than just a coach - 6:51 pm
- Wright Bros. Aero exec to head air show - 3:58 pm
- Williams hired as new Beavercreek basketball coach - 6:47 pm updated: 6:58 pm.
- Stutes promoted to Xenia police chief - 10:47 am
- County judge sanctioned by Supreme Court - 12:00 pm
- NMUSAF hosts C-47 aircraft at 75th USAF anniversary event - 8:35 pm
- Person to retire as XPD chief - 11:13 am
- Cedarville senior among state’s best scholars - 9:00 pm
- Antioch School celebrates 100 years - 8:51 pm
- Beavercreek man gets 25 to life - 2:06 pm
- Too much screen time can hinder development - 10:10 am
- Mother of deceased 12-year-old indicted - 4:38 pm
- Fran’s Favorites: Lemon-Angel Cross Cake for Easter - 11:05 am
- Siebenthaler’s loses two barns due to fire - 9:25 pm updated: 9:33 pm.
- Annual Easter Egg Hunt will be hoppin’ - 12:26 pm
- Xenia schools set to bring custodial work back in-house - 12:24 pm
- Former Ukraine resident identifies with war-torn country - 11:37 pm
- Nichols hired by Fairborn as girls basketball coach - 9:59 am updated: 10:00 am.
- Commissioners review bonds for jail - 9:33 am
- Rotary Pancake Day returns Wednesday - 11:15 pm
- View Story - 11:14 pm
- DeWine praises local Ukraine efforts - 11:14 pm
- Greene County Farm Forum scholarships available - 11:14 pm
- Greeneview holding kindergarten registration - 11:14 pm
Antioch School celebrates 100 years
YELLOW SPRINGS — Housed in Yellow Springs, the Antioch School — which provides alternative education to area students ages 3-12 — wi...
Beavercreek man gets 25 to life
XENIA — An 82-year-old Beavercreek man will serve at least 25 years in jail for raping a child.Gary Deis, who pled guilty on March 3, was senten...
Too much screen time can hinder development
Editor’s note: This is the second of a six-part series called “Disconnect to Connect,” authored by Greene County Public Health, in c...
Mother of deceased 12-year-old indicted
XENIA — The mother of the 12-year-old Xenia girl who died in her home last June has been indicted in Greene County Common Pleas Court.Mary Artis...
Fran’s Favorites: Lemon-Angel Cross Cake for Easter
The daffodils are a sunshine-y yellow in the gardens at the Governor’s Residence and the red buds that frame the front door are opening up.This ...
Siebenthaler’s loses two barns due to fire
BEAVERCREEK TOWNSHIP — Two adjacent buildings were destroyed by a fire on Thursday at Siebenthaler’s Beavercreek Garden Center.The inciden...
Greeneview has strong showing at Miller-Shilke Invite
SPRINGFIELD — The Greeneview boys and girls track and field teams both finished in the top-two at the Shawnee Miller-Shilke Invitational held on...
Bellbrook baseball wins SWBL title
BELLBROOK — A ground ball hopping off the mound went right to second base and ended an eight-year drought for Bellbrook baseball.The Golden Eagl...
Williams hired as new Beavercreek basketball coach
BEAVERCREEK — Isaiah Williams will be hired as the new boys basketball head coach at Beavercreek High School pending board approval.Williams rep...
Collision overshadows Xenia-Butler softball result
XENIA — Hostilities rose during the Xenia softball home game on Monday against Butler.A collision at first base between Bucs’ junior Kynny...
Cedarville wrapping restart season
JAMESTOWN — The score during Thursday’s game was 6-0 in favor of Greeneview during the bottom of the fourth.For Cedarville, it was a miles...
Big inning leads Bellbrook past Greeneview
JAMESTOWN — One side likes to get outside of league competition every so often, and the other likes to step up against higher division opponents...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Fairborn High School class of 1966 plans 55th reunion
FAIRBORN — The Fairborn High School class of 1966 reunion committee — Jean Alexander Kelley, Barbara Zonders Turner, Diana Haas Ogilsbie, ...
Deadlines approaching for block party and parade
Deadlines are fast approaching for spots in the Fairborn 2021 July 3 block party and July 4 parade. Interested vendors should grab their spots by June...
May 201:46 a.m. — Suspicious person in the 200 block of Landmark Court2:02 a.m. — Domestic dispute in the 2100 block of Rockdell Drive3:30...
Police looking for missing woman
XENIA —Xenia police are asking for the public’s help in locating a missing person.Amanda Jane Watts, 41, of Xenia, was last seen March 6 i...
Vaccine available for 16 and over in Greene County
XENIA — Greene County Public Health opened this week’s appointments to all Ohioans 16 and over.To schedule an appointment, visit getthesho...
Sugar Maple Festival cancelled
BELLBROOK — The 2021 Sugar Maple Festival has been cancelled due to the coronavirus pandemic.Organizers made the announcement Monday afternoon.&...
Grandparents raising grandchildren
Some of us realize that circumstances have always created the need for grandparents to step into the void when their children are unable or unwilling ...
Fran’s Favorites: XC Camp, buttermilk brownies with buckeye frosting
The beautiful weather we had this week was just perfect for the cross country camp we hosted on our farm.Our son-in-law Bill is the coach, and he brou...
Negotiations between township, Renergy could be win-win for residents
Considerable attention has been given to the biodigester operation in Bath Township as there are numerous concerns about the odor, road wear and tear,...
Fran’s Favorites: Imagination Library books and peaches
I’ve had an amazing time these past couple of weeks traveling around Ohio and talking about the Ohio Governor’s Imagination Library —...
Fran’s Favorites: Fish Ohio — Lake Erie
Fish Ohio Day promotes the wonderful jewel that is Lake Erie. The lake is not only such a great resource, but also is so important for commerce and to...
Remembering Wendell Cultice
Wendell Cultice was a native of Xenia who held three different degrees from Bowling Green State University, where his name is engraved on the “W...