2021 business outlook: Gypsy-Alley Boutique
Yellow Springs artist hosts retrospective on watercolors
County employees respond to lawsuit
City buying Towne Square buildings
GCPH beginning Phase 1B vaccinations
- ODOT releases construction update - 12:56 pm
- Pie crust: Technique is important - 3:40 pm
- Time to clean up the garden - 12:46 pm
- A different Thanksgiving dinner - 8:56 am
- ODOT gives construction updates - 1:56 pm
- Greene County Career Center honor roll - 1:55 pm
- KHN implementing new real-time prescription benefit program - 1:51 pm
- We won’t miss his coming - 9:07 am
- Parents and children together - 9:06 am
- Get on the right train: An effective response to anxiety - 9:06 am
- Efforts to identify veterans at risk of dementia intensifying locally - 10:26 am
- No Gazette, Herald mail deliveries on Veterans Day - 10:28 am
- Finding ’deep peace from a Higher hand’ - 5:38 pm
- All 88 counties on board for Imagination Library - 5:38 pm
- Lampton elected representative of 73rd House District - 9:34 pm
- BOE releases unofficial final results - 9:33 pm
- Probate judge keeps seat on bench - 9:33 pm
- Nick’s closed after positive COVID-19 tests - 9:33 pm
- Bellbrook levy fails for third time - 9:32 pm
- Beavercreek voters say no to income tax - 9:29 pm
- Warner levy failing - 10:16 pm
- UPDATED: Perales wins place on county commission, again - 10:05 pm updated: 1:12 pm.
- UPDATED: An early look at election numbers - 10:02 pm updated: 10:50 pm.
- Exercising the right - 9:58 pm
- Dolly Parton’s Stone Soup - 9:07 am
Get on the right train: An effective response to anxiety
Psalm 148:13 “Let them praise the name of the LORD, For His name alone is exalted; His glory is above earth and heaven.”This has been a ye...
Efforts to identify veterans at risk of dementia intensifying locally
DAYTON — Willie Norman Walker was a Korean War veteran who regularly read the newspaper, loved to do crossword puzzles everyday that challenged ...
No Gazette, Herald mail deliveries on Veterans Day
Due to Veterans Day, Xenia Daily Gazette and Fairborn Daily Herald mail subscriptions will not be delivered on Wednesday because it is a holiday for t...
All 88 counties on board for Imagination Library
My Imagination Library team has been working hard — really hard. We have affiliates all over the state and we have been working to make sure the...
Lampton elected representative of 73rd House District
BEAVERCREEK/BELLBROOK — Unofficial final results by the Greene County Board of Elections indicate that Brian Lampton will succeed Rick Perales a...
Defense leads Legacy to big win
YELLOW SPRINGS — During a first-half timeout Saturday, Legacy girls basketball coach Mark Combs reminded his team of the importance of defense, ...
Golden Eagles survive sting from Hornets
BELLBROOK — Late-game execution was the difference for Bellbrook in a key Southwestern Buckeye League game against Monroe Thursday.Up four after...
Bulked up, Caupp a force for Xenia
XENIA — Matthew Caupp does the bulk of his work inside the paint.So the Xenia High School 6 foot, 5 inch senior spent the off-season bulking up....
Hoops is life for Cedarville junior
CEDARVILLE — It’s all about basketball for Ciara Horney.Even during another sports season, roundball remains in the mind of the Cedarville...
Milestone win special for Bellbrook coach
BELLBROOK — Jason Tincher never really saw himself as a girls basketball coach.“I was going to coach boys basketball,” the 1990 Bell...
Raiders sweep Detroit in HL openers
FAIRBORN — The Wright State men’s basketball team completed a weekend sweep at Detroit Mercy last weekend, posting 93-70 and 85-72 wins.WS...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Preliminary Work Set To Begin For S.R. 235 Bridge Repair
XENIA — In advance of a dual bridge rehabilitation project, preliminary operations will get under way next week on State Route 235 in Greene Cou...
Cat of the week: Heidi
XENIA — Greene County Animal Care & Control (GCAC) at 641 Dayton-Xenia Road in Xenia is back to full services with a few changes. The shelte...
Letters to Baby B
Dear Baby B,I measure the length of the pandemic by the roundness of my belly.During quarantine, I only ever know what tomorrow is — the next pr...
McKinley Honor Rolls
XENIA — McKinley Elementary School released its first quarter honor rolls.Straight A Super Honor RollFifth grade: Alyssa Ashcraft, Easton Butler...
Arrowood names all-stars
Arrowood Elementary School named its October All-Stars. Recognized were Jacob Owsley, Mia Smith, Sophie Hoskins, and Clyde Wilson (kindergarten); Monr...
Heal? Nope, improve
Now that former VP Joe Biden has (unofficially) won the election, there are a lot of cries about healing America.I believe they are using the wrong te...
Evolution of a holiday
It seems to me that the upcoming holiday on Nov. 11, Veterans Day, (not Veteran’s Day as some may think) has an interesting past.It started out ...
Another ethanol program?
It seems to me that the ever increasing clamor to get rid of or otherwise decrease our dependence on fossil-fueled vehicles may well generate some int...
Carnegie building houses many memories
Greene County residents are fortunate to have such a fine library system.Books of all sorts are available to check out or one can sit in a comfortable...
Why I voted for Amy Coney Barrett
This week, I was proud to vote to confirm Judge Amy Coney Barrett to serve on the Supreme Court. She is an impressive person and a distinguished legal...
Tales of Xenia: Junior High day
Coming home from the YMCA recently I had a flashback when the song “Bad Girls” by Donna Summer came on the radio.This song is from about 1...