Horse escapes track during harness race program
City to get e-scooters for public use
Barron beats the heat in beef win
New EMS ATV on view at GC Fair
- Horse escapes track during harness race program - 10:13 pm updated: 11:00 pm.
- Hawkins wins historic calf scramble (PHOTOS) - 11:35 pm updated: 11:41 pm.
- It’s fair time! - 10:44 pm
- View Story - 11:05 am
- GC Sheriff plans to maintain presence at fair - 11:40 am
- Vacation Bible school coming to Xenia - 2:30 pm
- Woman dies in Clinton County two-vehicle accident - 7:06 pm
- Xenia couple killed after accident on U.S. 35 - 9:34 am
- Former county prosecutor retires - 1:54 pm updated: 2:48 pm.
- New STEAM school delaying opening - 12:21 pm
- Meeker assumes command of 88th ABW - 7:56 pm
- Celebrating the ‘Mill-centennial’ - 7:45 pm
- XCS receives $38 million from state - 2:56 pm
- Standing firm in God’s freedom - 11:21 am
- Sweet land of liberty - 11:21 am
- In focus - 11:21 am
- Officials break ground on local state park - 4:36 pm updated: 6:13 pm.
- Xenia couple celebrating 75th wedding anniversary - 11:44 pm
- Letter to superintendents provides updates on school safety, HB 99 - 10:43 pm
- View Story - 9:47 am
- Man sentenced in 2016 shooting death - 11:57 pm
- Greeneview Middle School announces students of month - 11:46 pm
- Safety first: Xenia student garners big honor - 9:50 pm
- Suspect in bar homicide in custody - 1:52 pm
- View Story - 10:15 pm
New STEAM school delaying opening
XENIA — The new independent public school set to be in session this fall Xenia has pushed back its opening.Dr. Jeremy Ervin, founder and chief a...
Meeker assumes command of 88th ABW
WRIGHT-PATTERSON AIR FORCE BASE — Hundreds gathered Thursday at the National Museum of the United States Air Force Change of Command ceremony.Co...
Celebrating the ‘Mill-centennial’
XENIA — A positive outlook on life is one of those “keys to success” in aging for Millicent Bates, and she certainly has much to smi...
XCS receives $38 million from state
XENIA — Xenia Community Schools will be able to complete a massive renovation and expansion of the high school without needing to ask for additi...
Standing firm in God’s freedom
Galatians 5:1 “It is for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and so not be subject again to a yoke of slavery.”J...
Sweet land of liberty
“Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.” (2 Corinthians 3:17)Freedom — one of the sweete...
XCS moving to cashless ticket sales
XENIA — Xenia High School has announced all ticket sales for athletic events will be cashless transactions beginning with the 2022 fall season.A...
McPherson officially in OHSAA record book
XENIA — Tori McPherson officially earned her way into the OHSAA softball record books for her play during the 2022 spring season.The Xenia junio...
Blue Streak Time Trial heads into homestretch
WRIGHT-PATTERSON AIR FORCE BASE — Military and civilian cyclists gathered July 12 to bike along the 10-mile path around Wright-Patterson Air For...
Photo courtesy Cedarville UniversityThe Cedarville women’s volleyball program received the USMC-AVCA Team Academic Award for the fourth consecut...
Sizemore named Legacy wrestling coach
XENIA — Mike Sizemore has been named head wrestling coach at Legacy Christian Academy.He replaces Tim Begley, who stepped down after this past s...
Local club team heading to national finals
XENIA — Nine area athletes are heading to Florida to take part in a national club soccer tournament.The 2022 US Youth Soccer National Championsh...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Fairborn High School class of 1966 plans 55th reunion
FAIRBORN — The Fairborn High School class of 1966 reunion committee — Jean Alexander Kelley, Barbara Zonders Turner, Diana Haas Ogilsbie, ...
Deadlines approaching for block party and parade
Deadlines are fast approaching for spots in the Fairborn 2021 July 3 block party and July 4 parade. Interested vendors should grab their spots by June...
May 201:46 a.m. — Suspicious person in the 200 block of Landmark Court2:02 a.m. — Domestic dispute in the 2100 block of Rockdell Drive3:30...
Police looking for missing woman
XENIA —Xenia police are asking for the public’s help in locating a missing person.Amanda Jane Watts, 41, of Xenia, was last seen March 6 i...
Vaccine available for 16 and over in Greene County
XENIA — Greene County Public Health opened this week’s appointments to all Ohioans 16 and over.To schedule an appointment, visit getthesho...
Sugar Maple Festival cancelled
BELLBROOK — The 2021 Sugar Maple Festival has been cancelled due to the coronavirus pandemic.Organizers made the announcement Monday afternoon.&...
Contact public officials
Letter to the editor policy
The Xenia Daily Gazette and Fairborn Daily Herald encourages readers to write letters to the editor:• Letters should be typed, or printed legibl...
Grandparents raising grandchildren
Some of us realize that circumstances have always created the need for grandparents to step into the void when their children are unable or unwilling ...
Fran’s Favorites: XC Camp, buttermilk brownies with buckeye frosting
The beautiful weather we had this week was just perfect for the cross country camp we hosted on our farm.Our son-in-law Bill is the coach, and he brou...
Negotiations between township, Renergy could be win-win for residents
Considerable attention has been given to the biodigester operation in Bath Township as there are numerous concerns about the odor, road wear and tear,...
Fran’s Favorites: Imagination Library books and peaches
I’ve had an amazing time these past couple of weeks traveling around Ohio and talking about the Ohio Governor’s Imagination Library —...