Ohio Task Force 1 returns home
2022 Greene County Football Preview
Man gets 15 to life in rape
Long-time CASA volunteer retires
Sweet event coming to Xenia Community Center
- Ohio Task Force 1 returns home - 11:28 am
- Man gets 15 to life in rape - 11:18 am
- Long-time CASA volunteer retires - 11:31 am
- Ohio has Dolly Parton Day - 12:24 pm
- Camp time - 2:42 pm
- Anesthesiologist saves life on tennis court - 12:45 pm
- Horse escapes track during harness race program - 10:13 pm updated: 11:00 pm.
- Hawkins wins historic calf scramble (PHOTOS) - 11:35 pm updated: 11:41 pm.
- It’s fair time! - 10:44 pm
- View Story - 11:05 am
- GC Sheriff plans to maintain presence at fair - 11:40 am
- Vacation Bible school coming to Xenia - 2:30 pm
- Woman dies in Clinton County two-vehicle accident - 7:06 pm
- Xenia couple killed after accident on U.S. 35 - 9:34 am
- Former county prosecutor retires - 1:54 pm updated: 2:48 pm.
- New STEAM school delaying opening - 12:21 pm
- Meeker assumes command of 88th ABW - 7:56 pm
- Celebrating the ‘Mill-centennial’ - 7:45 pm
- XCS receives $38 million from state - 2:56 pm
- Standing firm in God’s freedom - 11:21 am
- Sweet land of liberty - 11:21 am
- In focus - 11:21 am
- Officials break ground on local state park - 4:36 pm updated: 6:13 pm.
- Xenia couple celebrating 75th wedding anniversary - 11:44 pm
- Letter to superintendents provides updates on school safety, HB 99 - 10:43 pm
XENIA — A local non-profit is expected to move into the Emerge Recovery and Trade facility within the coming weeks.Lisa Jordan, founder of ̶...
GC Sheriff plans to maintain presence at fair
XENIA — It’s been almost eight months since Sheriff Gene Fischer died suddenly last November. Prior to his death, Fischer and his staff at...
Vacation Bible school coming to Xenia
XENIA — Xenia United Presbyterian Church is holding a vacation Bible school from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday, July 26.“God’s Science La...
Woman dies in Clinton County two-vehicle accident
CHESTER TWP. —A Xenia woman was killed in a two-vehicle crash Friday night in Chester Township, Clinton County.The crash occurred at approximate...
Xenia couple killed after accident on U.S. 35
SILVERCREEK TOWNSHIP — A Xenia couple died after a two-vehicle accident on U.S. 35 near S.R. 72 in eastern Greene County early Friday morning.Ac...
Former county prosecutor retires
XENIA — After 47 years at the Greene County Prosecutor’s Office, Civil Division Chief and former Prosecuting Attorney Stephen K. Haller re...
Sky is the limit for Greeneview
JAMESTOWN — Expectations are raised for Greeneview in 2022.A group of 14 seniors will begin their ascent with their teammates toward the culmina...
Skyhawks taking new attitude into season
FAIRBORN — There is a level of toughness Fairborn is aiming to reach on the football field.Getting there takes time, but the gains from the firs...
Cedarville enters season with fresh slate
CEDARVILLE — It has been a quick turn around of a summer for Cedarville, but it doesn’t leave much room for nervousness to creep in either...
Youthful group set to step up for Bellbrook
BELLBROOK — Coming off an appearance in the regional final, Bellbrook’s taste of success is only the tip of the iceberg for what it wants ...
Beavercreek putting 2021 in the past
BEAVERCREEK — One thing is already noticeable on the faces of Beavercreek players under new head coach Marcus Colvin.Smiles.The Beavers didnR...
Legacy runs past West Carrollton 9-0
XENIA — The final score ended up at 9-0, but it wasn’t what Legacy Christian head coach Brett Stanley was shooting for to happen.“We...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Fairborn High School class of 1966 plans 55th reunion
FAIRBORN — The Fairborn High School class of 1966 reunion committee — Jean Alexander Kelley, Barbara Zonders Turner, Diana Haas Ogilsbie, ...
Deadlines approaching for block party and parade
Deadlines are fast approaching for spots in the Fairborn 2021 July 3 block party and July 4 parade. Interested vendors should grab their spots by June...
May 201:46 a.m. — Suspicious person in the 200 block of Landmark Court2:02 a.m. — Domestic dispute in the 2100 block of Rockdell Drive3:30...
Police looking for missing woman
XENIA —Xenia police are asking for the public’s help in locating a missing person.Amanda Jane Watts, 41, of Xenia, was last seen March 6 i...
Vaccine available for 16 and over in Greene County
XENIA — Greene County Public Health opened this week’s appointments to all Ohioans 16 and over.To schedule an appointment, visit getthesho...
Sugar Maple Festival cancelled
BELLBROOK — The 2021 Sugar Maple Festival has been cancelled due to the coronavirus pandemic.Organizers made the announcement Monday afternoon.&...
Contact public officials
Letter to the editor policy
The Xenia Daily Gazette and Fairborn Daily Herald encourages readers to write letters to the editor:• Letters should be typed, or printed legibl...
Grandparents raising grandchildren
Some of us realize that circumstances have always created the need for grandparents to step into the void when their children are unable or unwilling ...
Fran’s Favorites: XC Camp, buttermilk brownies with buckeye frosting
The beautiful weather we had this week was just perfect for the cross country camp we hosted on our farm.Our son-in-law Bill is the coach, and he brou...
Negotiations between township, Renergy could be win-win for residents
Considerable attention has been given to the biodigester operation in Bath Township as there are numerous concerns about the odor, road wear and tear,...
Fran’s Favorites: Imagination Library books and peaches
I’ve had an amazing time these past couple of weeks traveling around Ohio and talking about the Ohio Governor’s Imagination Library —...