DeWine: Ohio at low risk for Coronavirus, citizens still urged to be prepared
Doctor indicted on 145 child pornography charges
XCS holding preschool registration night
CU students serving worldwide during break
Fairborn Fire Department extinguish Chapel Drive fire
- Doctor indicted on 145 child pornography charges - 11:50 am updated: 12:52 pm.
- Auditor reminds entities of tax dollar restrictions - 10:16 am
- Man pleads guilty in police officer shooting - 5:02 pm
- Fran’s Favorites: Creating family cookbooks - 10:26 am
- Honor Flight Dayton receives donation - 10:26 am
- Central committee, coroner candidates meet with voters - 5:53 pm
- View Story - 5:53 pm
- Court of appeals, state senate candidates speak - 5:52 pm
- ‘Creek Weekend of Jazz kicks off Thursday - 5:52 pm
- Congressional candidates speak at local forum - 10:26 am updated: 11:12 am.
- DeWine, Hayes use forum to make their case for prosecutor - 11:31 am
- Candidates vie for spot on commission - 11:31 am
- Under the clock tower - 11:29 am
- Meet the candidates in Xenia tonight - 3:06 pm
- Grinnell Road case will go to grand jury - 12:35 pm
- Voter registration deadline is Tuesday - 10:45 am updated: 10:45 am.
- An evening at the White House - 6:44 pm
- Blood drive slated for Feb. 29 - 6:44 pm
- Fairborn police reports - 6:44 pm
- Irick awarded Honor Medal - 6:44 pm
- The Amish Cook: Naming the Yoders’ baby - 6:44 pm
- More cuts coming to Bellbrook schools - 9:04 am
- DeWine meets with area religious leaders - 10:50 am
- New CSU president will have busy first year - 5:21 pm updated: 6:29 pm.
- Pantries real winner of Battle of 72 - 9:29 am updated: 11:20 am.
Congressional candidates speak at local forum
XENIA — Candidates in contested Greene County races had a chance to win over voters during a candidates forum earlier this week.Sponsored by the...
DeWine, Hayes use forum to make their case for prosecutor
XENIA — The candidates for Greene County prosecutor faced off at a forum Tuesday, each trying to convince voters why they are the best person in...
Candidates vie for spot on commission
XENIA — Three Republicans and one Democrat candidate are running to fill a seat on the Greene County Board of Commissioners.Of the three seats o...
Under the clock tower
Photos by Anna Bolton | Greene County NewsBailiff Ron Mellotte talks about his job to a group of 8th- and 9th-grade homeschoolers touring the Greene C...
Meet the candidates in Xenia tonight
XENIA — Greene County residents will be deciding 19 races in the March 17 primary including nine that are contested.To give voters a chance to m...
Grinnell Road case will go to grand jury
XENIA — The Greene County prosecutor says no charges have been filed yet in last week’s Grinnell Road double shooting case, but it will go...
Marauders take two on the roadJACKSON, Tennessee — The Central State University men’s and women’s basketball teams claimed road wins...
Tall top-seeded Elks too much for Fairborn
NEW CARLISLE — At full strength and much taller than anybody else, the top-seeded Centerville Elks made quick work of the youthful Fairborn Skyh...
Local players in Dayton All-Star gamesTIPP CITY — Seven Greene County-area girls high school basketball standouts will be among the area’s...
Xenia High’s Alexis Claybaugh named Athlete of the Month
Alexis Claybaugh (center) was chosen as the Edward Jones Investments Athlete of the Month for December for Xenia High School. This award is being spon...
Legacy shoots its way to easy tournament win
MONROE — It was supposed to be a Division IV girls tournament basketball game.But it quickly turned into a game of Pop-a-Shot for Legacy Christi...
Cedarville’s Trent Koning named Athlete of the Month
Trent Koning (right), shown with Mike Reed of Edward Jones Investments, was chosen as the Edward Jones Investments Athlete of the Month for December 2...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
City finance clerk retires after 23 years
XENIA — City of Xenia finance employee Dennis Evans recently retired after 23 years of service.Evans is a graduate of Cedarville High School and...
Warner announces second quarter honor rolls
XENIA — Warner Middle School announced its second quarter honor rolls.All A’s Honor RollEighth grade: Kaylee Benson, Zoey Blake, Samuel Da...
Reds fans ‘swing’ over to museum
Cincinnati Reds Infielder Mike Moustakas; manager David Bell; minor league outfielder Narciso Crook; roving catching instructor and former catcher Cor...
Reds CaravanWRIGHT-PATTERSON AIR FORCE BASE — National Museum of the U.S. Air Force visitors will have the opportunity to meet members of the Ci...
XCS recognize kids of character
XENIA — The Xenia Community School District Board of Education honored its January kids of character at its regular meeting.Recognized were Clyd...
A few political comments
As members of my family and I were discussing politics this weekend, my son Lance said, “I had never considered that.”His statement was in...
George Will: Physician (Senate), heal thyself
WASHINGTON — Shortly before the Senate, sitting as an impeachment court, contemplated the president’s misbehavior, it demonstrated its own...
Mysteries of the universe — like oysters
There’s a president being impeached. A pandemic getting started in China. Earthquakes shaking up the Caribbean.When momentous events like this h...
Civil War stories comes with a lesson
Summer, 1863. The Civil War was raging. Fear raced through Indiana and Ohio like wildfire when General John Hunt Morgan crossed the Ohio River with hi...
Welcome to Black History Month
When I was growing up in Xenia there was no such thing as Black History Month because the basic attitude about black history was that it was chock ful...
Protecting Ohio’s drinking water
Last month, a new report from the Environmental Working Group found that drinking water contamination from PFAS chemicals is far more prevalent than w...