Smooth start for Xenia Community Schools
Chick-fil-A coming to CU
State funding going toward WSU maintenance
Human trafficking forum open to public
Bellbrook Lions Club Festival fun
- Commissioner to speak on county’s health - 8:59 am
- Smooth start for Xenia Community Schools - 4:08 pm
- Chick-fil-A coming to CU - 4:06 pm
- State funding going toward WSU maintenance - 4:05 pm
- Human trafficking forum open to public - 4:04 pm
- Bellbrook Lions Club Festival fun - 4:03 pm
- Phones down as GCPH moves into new facility - 3:24 pm updated: 8:59 am.
- Greene County News Digest - 5:04 pm
- BBB warns community about tax-free life insurance mailings - 5:04 pm
- Four years for drugs, assault - 5:04 pm
- Dayton VA welcomes new leadership - 5:04 pm
- GCPH will be closed Aug. 20 morning - 5:01 pm
- Voter registration deadline is Oct. 9 - 3:24 pm
- Country concert coming to Fairborn - 4:20 pm
- Township receives rescue equipment - 4:19 pm
- Gazette celebrates 150 years today - 4:17 pm updated: 3:14 pm.
- Fall, festivals coming soon - 3:06 pm
- School shooting victim enrolled at CU - 10:19 am
- Smithers featured at free concert - 8:36 am
- Fran’s Favorites: Canned Salsa & Pickles - 8:34 am
- Fair housing seminar set for Sept. 11 - 8:34 am
- Farm Forum welcomes’ Youngs - 8:34 am
- NFL Hall of Famer fires up XCS teachers - 4:57 pm
- Expanded learning center opening in Jamestown - 4:57 pm
- Bright first week for GCCC students - 4:56 pm
Four years for drugs, assault
XENIA — Two men pleaded guilty to charges in Greene County Common Pleas Court Aug. 15 and will each spend four years in prison.Zachary Foulke, 2...
Dayton VA welcomes new leadership
DAYTON — The Dayton VA Medical Center announces the promotion of Robert Sellers as the new chief of supply chain management service.In his previ...
GCPH will be closed Aug. 20 morning
XENIA — Due to the move into the new facility at 360 Wilson Drive, the Greene County Public Health (GCPH) office will be closed 8 a.m. to 1:30 p...
Voter registration deadline is Oct. 9
XENIA — With 80 days until the next Election Day, it’s not too late for Greene County residents to register to vote.In order to vote in th...
Country concert coming to Fairborn
FAIRBORN — Classic country music is coming to Fairborn when Nashville recording artist Leona Williams and more make a rare appearance.The concer...
Township receives rescue equipment
XENIA TOWNSHIP — Xenia Township’s fire department received some new rescue tools, donated from the Xenia Township Firefighters and Communi...
Friday Night Futbol fun in Xenia
XENIA — Billed as “Friday Night Futbol,” the Xenia High School boys and girls varsity soccer programs opened their respective Fall s...
NHRA names Tharpe division director
GLENDORA, Calif. — Former Kil-Kare Raceway track manager Will Tharpe has been named the National Hot Rod Association’s director of Divisio...
Golden Eagles blank NorthmontBELLBROOK — Bailey Sedlak had a goal, and assisted on Sydney Hollingsworth’s score, to lead the Bellbrook Hig...
WSU volleyball has high hopes
FAIRBORN — Wright State volleyball is in rebuild mode after going 11-18 in 2017, but the team confidence and enthusiasm emanating from McLin Gym...
WSU women lose to Louisville
LOUISVILLE, Ky. – The Wright State Raiders women’s soccer team traveled to Louisville, on Aug. 16 to take on the Cardinals. In the regular...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Fairborn native promoted in Navy
Submitted photoU.S. Navy Rear Adm. John D. Spencer, a Fairborn native, was promoted Aug. 9 to the rank of rear admiral. He has also been assigned as t...
Newells celebrate 65 years
JAMESTOWN — Richard Delray and Doris Kathleen (Sprinkle) Newell will celebrate 65 years of marriage Aug. 22.Richard Newell is a graduate of Ross...
Xenia Police Reports
July 2812:13 a.m. — Suspicious Vehicle 20 block of Leaman Street.1:01 a.m. — Criminal Damaging 1700 block of Commonwealth Drive.1:39 a.m. ...
Xenia Municipal Court
May 9Justus D. Severtson, 168 Robert Lane, Xenia, guilty possessing drug abuse instruments, fines $310, 180 days, 170 suspended. Jail suspended on con...
Popular speaker coming to Cedarville
CEDARVILLE — International speaker and author Sam Allberry will open Cedarville University’s fall semester by speaking at the university...
Annie Get Your GunDAYTON — Victoria Theatre Association ends the 2018-2019 Cool Films Series with the musical favorite Annie Get Your Gun. Show ...
We should back the Scouts
Many of you won’t have a clue of what I’m about to talk about. And that’s exactly the point I’m trying to make.Another season ...
Remembering Ank Fifer
XENIA — Ank Fifer was a liveryman in the early portion of the 20th century. He plied his trade in the City of Xenia, providing public transporta...
1908 Homecoming part II
Postmaster and General Chairman for the 1908 Homecoming J.R. Orr received a booklet in the mail in June 1908. He was flattered when he received “...
The foolishness of answering your own prayers
Ezra 8:22 “For I was ashamed to request from the king troops and horsemen to protect us from the enemy on the way, because we had said to the ki...
Getting it right about lefties
Left-hand dominance. Are you among Americans who face this challenge? Is this the result of the environment, a roll of the dice, genetics, some combin...
Some really nice people
It seems to me that there are some really nice people hereabouts. Oh, sure, we have a number of “nice” people among our friends and relati...