Wright-Patterson Air Force Base to “chuck” pumpkins at annual event
XFD captain builds dryer for gear
Shoppes at Fairfield Commons to host Fall Festival
Wine tasting to help local animal training center
- Wine tasting to help local animal training center - 11:33 am
- Funeral services set for Xenia teens - 11:33 am
- Xenia citizens voice support for levies - 11:31 am
- Greene County News Digest - 10:03 am
- Fran’s Favorites: Apple time - 1:30 pm
- City council, school board candidates speak at forum - 9:21 am
- Tobacco 21 takes effect across Ohio - 9:20 am
- Accident victims remembered as good kids - 4:49 pm updated: 9:28 am.
- Four adoptions set for Adoption Day - 2:04 pm
- Greene County vets picked for Ohio Veterans Hall of Fame - 6:18 pm
- Extension offers Beef QA certification - 10:21 am
- Climate change to be discussed at Extension - 10:21 am
- Early voting has begun - 10:48 am
- Celebrating a century: Lifelong Greene Countian turning 100 - 9:31 am
- Annie the Eagle supported during council meeting - 9:05 am
- Stand up to suicide - 9:59 am
- Surgeon joins orthopedics & sports medicine practice - 9:59 am
- Dog of the week: Jefferson - 9:59 am
- Cat of the week: Curly - 9:58 am
- Residents advised to wash hands this season - 8:45 am
- Miami U. to offer Governor’s Scholarship - 8:45 am
- Boos n’ Brews to haunt Fairfield Commons - 8:45 am
- Hospital Auxiliary to hold $5 sale - 8:45 am
- Iowa family, business give Cedarville University $10 million gift - 10:55 am
- Fran’s Favorites: Cookies by first ladies - 8:26 pm
Greene County vets picked for Ohio Veterans Hall of Fame
DUBLIN — Two Greene County residents will be inducted into the Ohio Veterans Hall of Fame next month.Howard F. “Bud” May, United Sta...
Extension offers Beef QA certification
XENIA — Join OSU Extension Greene County on October 28, 2019 at 5 p.m. for a Beef Quality Assurance Certification at the office on the fairgroun...
Climate change to be discussed at Extension
XENIA — Global warming is a subject that causes people to ask a lot of questions. When scientists inform the public that humans are causing glob...
Early voting has begun
XENIA — Early voting is underway at 551 Ledbetter Road for the Tuesday, Nov. 5 general election.All registered voters may choose to vote early a...
Annie the Eagle supported during council meeting
XENIA — Supporters of the Alan Besco Car & Truck Superstore packed the Xenia City Council meeting Thursday in support of Annie the Eagle.Ann...
Central State loses to Tuskegee
TUSKEGEE, Ala. — Tuskegee used a pair of big plays and stingy defense to beat Central State University, 21-10, Saturday.While scoring on a 49-ya...
Carroll tops ‘Boro to advance in tourney
CENTERVILLE — Carroll High School girls soccer coach Sarah Flach used two profound words to describe Monday’s girls soccer tournament game...
Xenia wins seventh straight
XENIA — The Xenia Buccaneers showed up to honor our nation’s military Friday night Oct. 18, clad in Army National Guard camo jerseys, as t...
Greeneview grabs shutout win
JAMESTOWN — Eight different Greeneview Rams players scored on eight different touchdowns in a 55-0 win over Springfield Catholic Central, Oct. 1...
Rams headed to sectional finalJAMESTOWN — The Greeneview girls varsity soccer team (13-2-1) defeated 13th seeded Greenon, 3-2. Faith Rutherford ...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Home School STEM Day is Oct. 7
WPAFB — Home school students can explore the world’s largest aviation museum and learn about STEM topics during Home School STEM Day on Oc...
Runners race in marathon
Submitted photosLocal citizen William David Dice took and shared photos of Air Force Marathon runners participating in the event Sept. 21. The photos ...
WSU Theatre opens new season
FAIRBORN — Wright State University Theatre has opened its 2019–2020 season with the family-friendly fantasy story “Peter and the Sta...
Run for the Fallen honors 9/11 victims
WRIGHT-PATTERSON AIR FORCE BASE — Community members and active duty personnel of all branches, ages and ranks ran to commemorate the attacks tha...
Country Blessings Flowers & Gifts having annual gathering
XENIA — Country Blessings Flowers & Gifts is doing a lot of celebrating this weekend.In addition to marking 21 years in business, the store ...
Xenia hires new PR coordinator
XENIA — The City of Xenia has hired Christina Schaefer as its new public relations coordinator.Schaefer grew up in Richmond, Ind., and earned a ...
School days – not and then
It seems to me that being in public schools these days is sure a lot different from what we of the geriatric generation experienced. That conclusion i...
It’s a pretty great place to live
As we usher in October in mid-July heat, my mind wanders to the many wonderful things I didn’t realize I loved about living in the Ohio Valley. ...
Autumn’s bright colors on the way
I’m a seeing-is-believing type fellow. Not overly suspicious—but in certain matters, I wait for visual proof before accepting a proclamati...
Greene County aided the Grand Army of the Republic
The first state to leave the Union was South Carolina. The issue was state’s rights, the opportunity for the individual states to set their own ...
Little Miami Watershed Network, River Stewards partnering
The Little Miami River’s role as an economic and environmental asset within the Dayton community continues to be recognized as the river is curr...
Michael Reagan: America Tunes Out the Demented Dems
It’s too bad for America that CNN’s seven-hour town hall on climate change was such a rating disaster.If 20 times as many viewers had tune...