Greeneview fares well after state testing
Enrollment surge at CSU continues
Pre-K: ‘Happy B-day, Air Force!’
Xenia cheerleader keeps fighting
Runners take off
- Greeneview fares well after state testing - 3:56 pm
- Enrollment surge at CSU continues - 3:56 pm
- Pre-K: ‘Happy B-day, Air Force!’ - 3:55 pm updated: 7:47 am.
- Xenia cheerleader keeps fighting - 3:55 pm
- Local libraries announce programs - 9:15 am
- Farm Forum features how Fairborn established - 9:15 am
- Five Rivers hosting open house - 9:15 am
- Shoe manufacturing in Xenia - 9:13 am
- Cedar Cliff ‘pleased’ with report card - 4:26 pm
- Bellbrook earns overall ‘A’ - 4:25 pm
- Sinclair, WSU, CSU receive a share of $1.9M - 8:53 am
- SALT meeting set for Sept. 20 - 8:53 am
- Fran’s Favorites: Vegetables - 8:52 am
- Little Miami River Trailblazer registration open - 8:52 am
- PBS presents documentary - 8:52 am
- GCCC Issue 2 to appear on ballot - 4:09 pm
- FVPC to host candlelight vigil - 4:09 pm
- GCPH: pregnancy, alcohol don’t mix - 4:08 pm
- They’re back - 4:08 pm
- Xenia shows improvement in some report card grades - 4:52 pm
- A great fall? - 4:52 pm
- Dixon to speak at CU chapel - 4:52 pm
- BCSD earns even higher marks this year - 4:52 pm
- Coats for Kids campaign kicks off - 8:54 am
- New Gathering Place Kicks Off at the Mall at Fairfield Commons - 8:54 am
Bellbrook earns overall ‘A’
BELLBROOK — Bellbrook-Sugarcreek School District was one of 28 districts statewide to earn an overall “A” on its 2017-2018 Ohio Depa...
Sinclair, WSU, CSU receive a share of $1.9M
GREENE COUNTY — Students at Sinclair Community College, Wright State University, and Central State University will be able to enhance their educ...
SALT meeting set for Sept. 20
XENIA — The Greene County Board of Developmental Disabilities will continue its monthly School to Adult Life Transition (SALT) program 6-7:30 p....
Little Miami River Trailblazer registration open
SUGARCREEK TOWNSHIP — Participants can hike, bike and canoe in the Little Miami River Trailblazer Adventure 1-6 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 23.Check-in b...
PBS presents documentary
DAYTON — Ohio public television stations have teamed up to present Ohio’s Addiction: Roads to Recovery a special presentation focusing on ...
Rally Rams win over Carroll
RIVERSIDE — Visiting Greeneview faced adversity on three occasions only to rally each time in a four-set win Sept. 15 over host Carroll.The Rams...
Xenia claims tough road soccer win
JAMESTOWN—The Xenia Buccaneers boys’ soccer team advanced to 3-5-2 as they handed the Greeneview Rams their first loss (5-1-1) of the seas...
Rams, Bucs battle to tie
JAMESTOWN—The Greeneview Rams girls soccer team tied the Xenia Buccaneers on Sept 15 with a score of 1-1 at Don Nock Field in Jamestown. The Ram...
WSU women win league opener
AUBURN HILLS, Mich. — The Wright State University women’s soccer team headed to Oakland University, Sept. 14 to open Horizon League play f...
WSU cross country alum McCubbin wins marathon
FAIRBORN — Jake McCubbin, who ran for the Wright State University cross country team from 2008-‘12, won the 22nd Annual Air Force Marathon...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Xenia Central class of 48 gathers
XENIA — Members of the Xenia Central High School class of 1948 recently gathered for their 70th reunion.Of the 115 graduates, 15 showed up, alon...
DAR honors community volunteers
CEDARVILLE — A pair of community volunteers were recently honored by the Daughters of the American Revolution Cedar Cliff Chapter.Thomas L. Seld...
Bubbles float through village
Anna Bolton | Greene County NewsThe Village of Yellow Springs recently hosted its annual Bubblefest. The event has no agenda other than inviting indiv...
Country Blessings hosts fall event
XENIA — Country Blessings will host an Old Fashioned Fall Gathering 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 15, 491 W. Second St.More than 25 local ve...
Elmcroft celebrates assisted living week
XENIA — Elmcroft of Xenia will host a week of events in honor of National Assisted Living Week.All week long there will be a photo booth and fun...
You can teach kids hard work, but feed them first
My brothers and I can support ourselves and our families today because of the food aid we got when we were kids.Growing up, I hated being on “fo...
Listen: This letter is about hell
Has anyone ever told you what hell really means? Well, it means what the Bible says about it. It’s a place of torment. It’s a place withou...
Knowing Christ: Getting what you want despite the mud
Philippians 3:8 “More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have ...
Today in history
Today is Thursday, Sept. 13, the 256th day of 2018. There are 109 days left in the year.Today’s Highlight in History:On Sept. 13, 1971, a four-d...
Letter to the editor policy
The Xenia Daily Gazette and Fairborn Daily Herald encourages readers to write letters to the editor:Election lettersDeadline for Nov. 6 election lette...
Competitive balance is right way to go
In 1991 shortly after Centerville lost to Cleveland St. Ignatius in the Division I state football championship game, then-coach Bob Gregg declared the...