For Greene County News
YELLOW SPRINGS — Health Coaches, healthcare practitioners and allied healthcare providers are invited to the Antioch University Midwest (AUM) campus on Thursday March 10 for a day-long coach clinic workshop with Certified Health Coach Jacqui Bryan, BA, RN, MS.
The CoachClinic is conducted by the National Society of Health Coaches (NSHC), listed as the number one most popular health coaching program in the U.S. Developed by clinicians for clinicians, attendees will experience the paradigm shift from their traditional patient approach to that of evidence-based health coaching (EBHC) with motivational interviewing, these new skills – critical components of skillful patient/client conversation – are taught through personal self-assessments, case studies, group discussion and a significant amount of onsite practice.
The clinic will run from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday, March 10 at Antioch University Midwest, 900 Dayton St.
NSHC Coach Clinic Leader, Jacquie Bryan, is a registered nurse, certified health coach, endurance athlete, author and writer who has devoted the past 10 years of her career to independent practice; guiding individuals in the use of preventative lifestyle approaches to good health.
Her medical expertise and personal experience with proven behavioral strategies guide individuals and groups to tap into their own motivation for healthy behavior change. Bryan has a Master of Science in Health Communication from Tufts University School of Medicine. She has been profiled in Weight Watchers Magazine and is currently featured in the New England Cable TV News series on health coaching.
Benefits to attendees include:
· Six CE’s for the day’s event are awarded by the California, Florida and Delaware Boards of Nursing and the Physical Therapy Board of California through Scully Health Management, Inc., the American College of Sports Medicine, and the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
· The NSHC’s health coach education program manual and study materials are provided to each attendee, a $485 value.
· After completing an in-depth self-study of the program manual beyond the CoachClinic®, individuals may earn an additional 28.2 or 33.8 complimentary CEs upon successful completion of the NSHC Certification Exam or Certificate of Completion Post Test.
· Free first year NSHC membership
· Complimentary single online test attempt, when attempt is taken within 12 months of CoachClinic and one year of NSHC membership
· Free webinars, video clips, articles, resources, and tools
· Motivational Interviewing Online Skills Practice
CoachClinic (Includes required 3rd Ed. Health Coaching Manual):
Early Bird (by Feb. 5) – $575
Regular Rate $605
NSHC Member: Workshop Only (For NSHC members or others who already are studying in the program and have a 3rd Ed. Health Coaching Manual)
NSHC Member Early Bird (by Feb. 8) – $150
NSHC Non-member Early Bird (by Feb. 8) – $175
NSHC Member Regular Rate $180
NSHC Non-member Regular Rate $205
To learn more, contact Rhonda McArther at firstname.lastname@example.org or 937-769-1800. To register, visit antiochmidwest.edu/coachclinic/.
Story courtesy of Antioch University Midwest.