WILBERFORCE — The Central State Department of Intercollegiate Athletics has announced the university’s 2017 Athletic Hall of Fame inductees. The athletes, teams and administrators who will be inducted this year represent different eras of Marauder athletics dating back to the 1960s up to the early 2000s.
This year’s Hall of Fame class will include:
• Richard Armour (Football, Linebacker-Class of 1981)
• Ed Chamness (Contributor, Retired Director of Information Services & Sports Information Director)
• David Dunham, Jr. (Football, Offensive Lineman-Class of 1986)
• Sherlock Knight (Football/Track & Field, Defensive Lineman, Offensive Lineman, Thrower)
• Ivan Seahorn (Football, Linebacker – Class of 1979)
• Patricia Tramble (Women’s Basketball, Guard, Coach – Class of 1986)
• 1992 Football Team (NAIA National Champions, Record: 12-1; Head Coach: Billy Joe)
• 1992 Women’s Outdoor Track & Field Team (NAIA National Champions; Head Coach: Joshua Culbreath)
“We are proud of the inductees and appreciate all they have done for Central State University,” Vice President of Athletics & Institutional Advancement Jahan Culbreath said. “This year’s class reflects excellence and serves as motivation for our current and future Marauder student-athletes.”
The 2017 Hall of Fame Luncheon will be held at 1 p.m. Friday, Oct. 6 at the Country Club of the North. Tickets to the induction ceremony are available for $60 each and can be purchased online at http://centralstate.universitytickets.com/user_pages/event.asp?id=367&cid=47. Orders may also be placed over the phone by calling the CSU Sports Information Office at (937) 376-6345. The event is expected to sell out. Those wishing to attend are encouraged to purchase their tickets prior to October 1.
Leading up to the Hall of Fame Induction ceremony on Oct. 6, the Central State Athletic Department will be releasing weekly tributes to each inductee on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Information courtesy Central State University.