FAIRBORN — Nine candidates remain for the open superintendent position within the Fairborn City School District.
The majority of the applicants have former superintendent experience, but all of the individuals have held leadership positions within a school district.
– Thomas Bailey, assistant superintendent and chief operating officers, Three Rivers Local Schools (Cleves); former head principal of Three River Local Schools.
– Kirk Koennecki, principal of Marion Harding High School (Marion); former principal of Springfield High School.
– Eugene “Gene” Lolli, principal of Fairborn High School; former superintendent of Springboro Community Schools.
– Carl Metzger, assistant superintendent of South-Western City Schools (Grove City); former superintendent of Marion Local Schools.
– Mark North, superintendent of Lebanon City Schools; former assistant superintendent of Groveport Madison Local Schools (Groveport).
– Tyrone Olverson, superintendent of Finneytown Local Schools (Cincinnati); former director of curriculum and instruction of Licking Heights Local Schools (Paraskala).
– Jeff Patrick, superintendent of Franklin-Monroe Local Schools (Arcanum); former superintendent of Bradford Exempted Village Schools.
– Jennifer Pennczarski, superintendent of Kenton City Schools (Kenton); former principal of Tri-Valley Middle School (Dresden)
– Dr. Brad Ritchey, director of instructional assessment of the Parma City School District (Parma); former principal of Parma Normandy High School.
They will undergo their first round of interviews Wednesday, Feb. 17 and Thursday, Feb. 18.
Whitney Vickers can be reached by calling her directly at 937-502-4532 or on Twitter, @wnvickers. For more content online, visit our website or like our Facebook page.