Fairborn rape trial begins
Water bill issues resolving
CSU honored by lawmakers
Runners pass through Flyzone
GCPH: Pregnancy and alcohol don’t mix
- Fairborn rape trial begins - 11:39 am updated: 7:30 pm.
- Water bill issues resolving - 10:01 am
- CSU honored by lawmakers - 9:57 am
- Runners pass through Flyzone - 2:07 pm
- GCPH: Pregnancy and alcohol don’t mix - 4:05 pm
- Former director receives proclamation - 4:05 pm
- Foxtrot raises money for PTO - 4:04 pm
- Artists’ work shines - 3:32 pm
- Report card shows high marks for Bellbrook - 3:32 pm
- eXploring Downtown: Fast Fashions - 3:32 pm
- CU, Jeremiah Tree teaming up - 3:31 pm
- Greenview students ready to dance - 4:32 pm
- Step back in time - 4:32 pm
- CU has record-breaking enrollment for 11th consecutive year - 4:32 pm
- Furniture store owner asks for more time - 10:51 am updated: 11:58 am.
- Festive weekend in Xenia - 10:50 am
- Furniture store owner asks for more time - 10:50 am
- Cedarville sixth graders raise money for Houston - 4:21 pm
- Fitness center expands exercise options - 4:21 pm
- G’view superintendent: Test scores do not define who we are - 2:11 pm
- St. Brigid students visit Narrows - 2:11 pm
- Report cards not worthy of time investment - 2:10 pm
- City takes next step in CSU annexation - 2:09 pm
- GCCC alumni look back - 2:08 pm
- GCCC celebrating half-century - 10:36 am
eXploring Downtown: Fast Fashions
XENIA — Fast Fashions has been operating since 1984, according to shop owner Scott Decuir, but the business has been located at 33 E. Main St. f...
CU, Jeremiah Tree teaming up
CEDARVILLE — Cedarville University pharmacy students will partner with local nonprofit The Jeremiah Tree at its annual 5K BridgeWalk on 9 a.m. S...
Greenview students ready to dance
JAMESTOWN — Greeneview High School students are showing off their spirit this week as the school celebrates homecoming week.Monday was color day...
Step back in time
XENIA — Attendees will once again step back in time this year at the 47th Old Timers Days, Friday-Sunday, Sept. 22-24 at the Greene County Fairg...
CU has record-breaking enrollment for 11th consecutive year
CEDARVILLE — College enrollment numbers in Ohio have been declining for the past six years, according to the Association of Independent Colleges...
Furniture store owner asks for more time
XENIA — The owner of Fairgrounds Furniture asked the Greene County Fair Board for more time to vacate her business at a meeting Sept. 18 after r...
Week three state football poll released
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — How a state panel of sports writers and broadcasters rates Ohio high school football teams in the weekly Associated Press ...
Beavers remain unbeaten with 14-3 win
BEAVERCREEK— In an old-fashioned style football game that would’ve made Woody Hayes proud, host Beavercreek claimed a 14-3 win over previo...
FRIDAY’S H.S. FOOTBALL GAMES
A look at Friday’s scheduled high school football games for teams in the Greene County area (Team records in parentheses):Kettering Fairmont (4-...
Sportsmanship wins in Fairborn
FAIRBORN — The scorebooks and this newspaper will show that Fairborn won Thursday’s Sept. 20 Greater Western Ohio Conference, South divisi...
Thunderhawks edge BellbrookCENTERVILLE — Host Bellbrook changed up its lineup a little bit to no avail, in a 3-2 loss Sept. 21 to Liberty Townsh...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Virginia Siders 100 years young
WILMINGTON — Virginia Elizabeth Siders will celebrate her 100th birthday on July 29.She was born in Dayton and her family soon moved to a farm o...
Greene County marriages
May 24Erin W. Rodgers of Yellow Springs and Mary J. Gentile of Yellow Springs applied for a marriage license. Date of marriage not on record.Caleb L. ...
Confectionately Yours: An open house
I was an infant when Daddy left Texas to check on my grandmother in Mississippi. His sister made a request to come live with us in Texas. She was in a...
Jinks graduated from basic
SAN ANTONIO, Texas — US Air Force Airman 1st Class Torey L. Jinks graduated from basic military training at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, San...
Murrells celebrate 60 years
XENIA — Jerald and Janet (Garringer) Murrell celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary June 8.The couple was married in 1957 at the Bowersville ...
Fairgrounds Furniture deserves more time.In an age where products — groceries, clothing, even furniture — can be bought with one click and...
Protecting Ohioans harmed by Equifax
This month, we learned that 143 million Americans’ – about half the country – had their personal information exposed to criminals by...
A half-century and counting
At the end of September this year I will celebrate my 50th birthday. It’s funny how you don’t notice the years flying by until there’...
Dems don’t need an aging presidential candidate
The summer of 2017 was a good one. My wife and I packed up our two grandchildren — waved goodbye to their parents (with earnest promises of freq...
Another healthcare system
It seems to me that now the US Senate has decided to keep the Affordable Care Act, better known as “Obama Care”, by blocking a proposed su...
Pulling money for UN fund leaves women at risk
As the world faces multiple humanitarian crises around the world, few political actions have been as cruel and shortsighted as the Trump administratio...